Do you ever feel like pillows in your home are arranged too messy or too neat? Do you ever wish you knew how to improve your style of pillows? We can help you determine your best options for pillow arrangements. Certain arrangements pertain to specific rooms or lifestyles. For example, if your home has a busy atmosphere, the style of pillow arrangements should be kept simple to balance out the accents of each room. In order to determine the best options for your living room, bedroom, accents, and lifestyle, we will now give you tips to make this process easier for you and your family.
Choosing the best pillow arrangement for your living room largely depends on the furniture you currently have. If your pieces are a solid color and feature simple design, then you have flexibility when it comes to styling your pillows. Below will give you a few tips that will be helpful for finishing your living area.
- Don’t match your pillows with your sofa. This might seem like an obvious suggestion but the same color combination for your sofa and pillows leaves your living room with a dull finish.
- Complement your living room. If the color of your living room enhances your furniture, then adding accent pillows of that color will leave this area with a complete look. In addition, our very own interior decorator Maria D. Hernandez suggests using light colored pillows to offset a sofa with more detail, such as one with tufted accents or intricate design. This gives your living room a complete look that is not too overwhelming. In the photo below, the Battista Sofa is shown before and after to portray the difference between having no accent pillows and adding light colored accent pillows.
Bedrooms have a bit of flexibility for styling your pillows. You can use as little or as many pillows as you want.
- Rolled pillow. According to a blog from Homegoods, using one rolled pillow in the back or front of your pillow arrangement can add a diverse shape to your style.
- Two accent pillows. Simply lay down your standard pillows and add two accent pillows in the front by standing them up. This is best for your bedroom if you do not want a thorough arrangement. In the photo below, you can see the Syndy Queen Platform Bed with just two accent pillows for a soft touch.
Accent pieces are always a great addition to your living room or bedroom. They have the ability to accentuate the design of the furniture pieces you already have. In this case, we will explain how adding one pillow to an accent piece makes a difference.
- Accent chairs are utilized to enhance your bedroom or living area. In order to keep this piece from looking empty, add one pillow. Depending on the style of your accent chair, this accent pillow can be a solid color or a textured pattern. In addition, adding a pillow provides comfortability for your family or guests who decide to sit there. In the gif below, you can see the Lyonne Accent Chair with one pillow in a couple of textures to showcase a complete look.
Here we will introduce how your lifestyle can be synonymous with the way you style your pillows in your bedroom.
- If you have a busy lifestyle and want your bedroom style to match this, you can simply use standard pillows and then include Euro pillows or accent pillows in the front that are either stacked or tossed.
- If you are sticking to a simple lifestyle, you would most likely have your pillows in standard cases, with just one accent pillow leaning on each pillow. In this photo, the Playlist Queen Storage Bed is seen with two accent pillows that contribute to a clean, minimalist look.
In essence, styling your pillows can be a challenge for your home. This being said, our tips for your living room, bedroom, accent pieces, and lifestyle should certainly help you define your pillow arrangements. For example, if your furniture in your living room is a solid neutral color, you have the ability to use a variety of accent pillows.
If you would like to get decorating services for your home from someone like Maria D. Hernandez at our Palmetto showroom, click here. You will also receive a $50 furniture card for scheduling your free appointment.
We wish you the best of luck! Let us know what you think of our ideas by commenting below! Share your picture with us on Instagram by tagging us @eldoradofl
About Maria D. Hernandez:
Maria received her architecture degree in Cuba and has worked at El Dorado Furniture for two years. Maria’s favorite part of working with furniture is the open space concept, where living and dining areas achieve a beautiful balance. She always creates a balance of design concepts for each customer, so they are happy with her work. Her favorite style is neutral coastal design that is enhanced by adding eclectic pieces.